Friday, April 10, 2009

Give In (to nothing)

To the untrained eye, my life is great.
But why do tears rush down my face...
The world is moving at too fast a pace
And I'm the last one to finish the race.
I beg and plead with myself to give a shit
But the minute things get hard, I'm through with it.
I've never been much for putting forth effort.
Not even for things of worth.
Half the time I'm cluelessly wandering,
Stumbling drunk through life, trying to find its meaning.
I think of the pain I've endured the past 3 years
And that is the source of most of my tears.
I've heard "you can't regret the past" more than I'd like
but to me, it just doesn't seem right.
Why can't I regret bad decisions?
It's a fucked up world we live in.
I think I'm gonna give in...
Tonight, I might just give in.

1 comment:

  1. from what I can tell, you're going to be doing better soon. just give it time and faith and it'll work out eventually. it always does. and if it doesn't you can always just start over.

    ReplyDelete